After the success of our Premier Income Tax Course that we offered in July 2019, we are over the moon to announce our next course: Estate Planning.
This is not a workshop or a masterclass. It is a full-blown, hands-on course. I share everything you need to know below.
The course will take you from a beginner to the skills and knowledge you need to raise the level of your advice and in turn the trust and status you hold with your clients. It will open opportunities you never imagined before.
Estate Planning is almost always associated with a person passing away. But it is so much more than that.
Financial Planning consists of a number of different areas. None of these areas are independent of the other. Estate Planning is one of the areas that is impacted by all other areas of financial planning. It is, however, one of the most neglected areas of financial planning.
What to expect
This course will equip you to do several things:
- Significantly increase the value you offer your clients;
- Identify risks and opportunities that will better your practice and grow your business;
In the course:
- We do lots of examples and practical application to ensure you can apply what you learned immediately after finishing the course;
- We start with the basics and build from there;
- We speak in plain and simple language;
- We provide templates you can use;
- Earn 7.5 CPD points;
- Earn a Certificate of Completion.
- 3 class days (see details below);
- Assignment (submitted online);
- Final Assessment (completed online).
Learning Outcomes / Objectives
By the end of this course delegates should be able to:
- Define Estate Planning and the different objectives thereof;
- Understand the various marital regimes;
- Understand and apply the Intestate Succession Act;
- Identify Property and use appropriate values;
- Identify and include Deemed Property;
- Apply deductions allowed by the Estate Duty Act;
- Calculate all fees and taxes, including the new Master’s Fees, Estate Duty, and Donations Tax calculations;
- Determine the residue;
- Calculate Estate Duty payable;
- Apply the Rapid Succession Rebate;
- Calculate the apportionment of Estate Duty between different persons that are liable;
- Perform a liquidity analysis;
- Understand and apply various Estate Planning tools and solutions.
We have put together a course that focuses on all the important aspects from a financial-, retirement- and investment planning perspective. The course is structured in a way that builds, step-by-step, from the basics.
For the full syllabus and what we cover in the course, please DOWNLOAD the syllabus here.
- Basic understanding of Estate Planning will be beneficial but not a requirement;
- Good understanding of financial products;
- Eagerness to learn.
Who must enroll in the course
- All Financial Planners and Advisers providing Financial Planning advice to Businesses, Business Owners, and Individuals;
- Financial Planners and Advisers who have basic knowledge and want more in-depth knowledge and skills;
- Tax Practitioners assisting clients with Estate Planning or related advice;
- Para Planners or prospective Para Planners;
- Support Staff of Financial Advisers and Financial Adviser Practices who assists with preparing FNAs;
- Key Individuals managing and overseeing Representatives that provide advice to clients;
- Broker Consultants who want to provide better consulting services to Financial Advisers;
- Sales Managers working with teams of Financial Advisers;
- Accountants and Lawyers providing estate planning services;
- Fiduciary Practitioners and their staff;
- NQF6, 7 and 8 in Financial Planning Students.
The course starts off with some basics and it builds from there to an intermediate and advanced level.
The course is rated as Intermediate/Advanced, as it is expected that you have a basic understanding of the subject already. You will greatly benefit from this course and have more knowledge and skills to grow your practice and to increase the value you offer your clients. We go into detail and therefore this is not an introductory course. It is an intermediate/advanced course that includes introductory elements which ensure you don’t get left behind.
CPD can be claimed for this. Our programs are administered by Circulus Online and comply with all the requirements for Fit and Proper with the FSCA as well as the Financial Planning Institute. Therefore, CPD may be claimed for both purposes.
- Total CPD points on successful completion: 7.5
Class Dates, Times and Venue
- Waterstone House, Stonemill Office Park, 300 Acacia Road, Darrenwood, 2194
- Friday 6 September 2019
- Friday 20 September 2019
- Friday 27 September 2019
- 9.00 until 15.00 each day
- Friday 11 October 2019
- Friday 18 October 2019
R 3 950 per person, payable before the course starts.
Click here to enroll and book your seat before the opportunity closes on 30 August 2019 @ 17.00.
Have some questions we can answer first?
Please contact us.
What others said about our Income Tax Course
Visit our testimonials page to watch and hear what previous attendees struggled within their practices, why they enrolled in our course, what they experienced during the course and how they feel afterward.